Israeli Supreme Court ordered Israeli Government to investigate Number of Children suffering from EHS
Dafna Tachover, Jul 22, 2013
On July 18, 2013, the Israeli Supreme Court ordered the Israeli Government to investigate how many children in Israel already suffer from electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS).
The Government must submit the result of its investigation to the court by November 16, 2013.
The Order was issued in response to a Petition to the Israeli Supreme Court to ban Wi-Fi in schools submitted in August, 2012.
This order is the result of an extensive brief written by Attorney Dafna Tachover and submitted to the Court on June 13, 2013. A 65-page brief, supported by 640 pages of appendices, emphasized the problem of EHS and claimed that it is unreasonable to expose children to WiFi when it is proven to cause sickness.
In the Supreme Court hearing, when the Govt. was asked what it would do if a child with EHS attended a school, the attorney for the Gov. answered: “The WiFi will be turned off in the school."
The brief attempted to prove:
- EHS is an existing illness, caused by EMF;
- the thermal safety standard was proven false as early as 40 years ago; > # it is unreasonable to rely on the WHO because it is corrupt;
- the Govt’s evaluation on the issue was unprofessional and negligent; and
- the industry intentionally misled the public
Regarding the safety standards the brief claimed that the contention of the Govt. that the existing Israeli standard (1/10 of the Thermal Standard) “Protects with absolute certainty from known adverse health effects” is ridiculous as:
- How can it be protective if people are sick with EHS?
- How can it be protective when thousands of papers prove biological effects?
- How can it be protective when even WHO declared RF a 2B carcinogen?
The brief emphasized the EHS issue to indicate that the damage already exists. Affidavits from 7 professionals with EHS were provided, including an affidavit of a mother both daughters of whom suffer from EHS, supporting scientific evidence was presented. It was shown that the government did nothing to investigate the issue despite ample notice and legal obligation. In addition, the brief attempted to demonstrate the ridiculousness of the claim that the condition does not exist and/or that it is not proven to be caused by EMF’s.
It should be noted that in Ms. Tachover’s correspondence with the Govt. Committee on the issue of Wi-Fi in schools prior to the submission of the lawsuit, the Committee eventually admitted the existence of EHS – the committee in its final report wrote: “If there is a child with sensitivity to RF radiation, the Ministry will provide a solution on an individual basis”.
What next: On Nov. 16 the Govt. must submit its Answer and the Plaintiffs will have to respond 15 days later. The Court indicated that following the submission of these responses, it intends to reach a decision.
Dafna Tachover Esq. (NY, Israel) MBA
- Israeli Supreme Court Ordered Israeli Government to Investigate Number of Children Suffering From EHS (2013-07)
- Israeli Supreme Court Ordered Israeli Government to Investigate Number of Children Suffering From EHS (PDF file)
- Israeli Court Issues Injunction against school WiFi (2014-04-28)
- News for Israel
- A List of Schools and Organizations That Have Taken Action Regarding Wireless Technology
- Governments and Authorities Around the World